Thursday 12 June 2014

Stay in touch

I've friends from the start of my educational life until now, when I'm working to pay for my dailies.

We begin making friends perhaps in the nursery. Where we just wail and wave to the next baby sleeping next to you.

Anyways, let's get to the point.

Friends.

As you leave your primary school and subsequently secondary, tertiary, university, you would have made countless friends.

At the end of each term, you might brawl your eyes out and made vows with each other to stay in touch otherwise we'll all grow pimples in our nose.

Stay in touch.

How many of us really really kept in touch. By keeping in touch, does it mean seeing each other for dinner/lunch/coffee (you get the gist)?
Or by just seeing their updates on facebook?

Sure, we all drift apart. Probably changed in one way or another. Migrate, a new job, new boyfriend perhaps.

I admit. I've some friends whom I use to see eye to eye with in school, we can be seen wearing the same sneakers, carrying the same school bag, tippy toes holding hands and singing tunes to boyzone;

And suddenly fast forward 10years, we don't agree with  each other anymore.

We have changed.

Slowly, we drifted. From meeting up for late night coffee, to the occasional "how are you" through whatsapp, until now; FACEBOOK UPDATES.

And it stops there. 

We don't communicate much anymore besides the "nice photo! where was this taken?" comment on facebook.

Was it my fault that I didn't work hard enough to maintain the friendship or separations like this is just part and parcel of life?

Ignore.

That was the last straw. We bumped into each other on the road. But instead of going "HI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!", we turned our heads away in unison. Pretending we don't exist.

BUT still friends on facebook.

Makes me wonder. What's the point if we don't greet or acknowledge each other on the roads but still "keeping in touch" on facebook.

Such is life.

Life is weird.

p.s I didn't get pimples in my nose. *touch wood*
pp.s I  do have a tight friendship with some of my schoolmates!

No comments:

Post a Comment

something to say?