Wednesday 25 June 2014

Wongfu

Rare second post for the day!

But this, I have to share.
It touched a raw nerve.

http://wongfuphil.wordpress.com/2014/06/24/my-end-of-the-deal/

Wongfu is a youtube sensation (if you don't know about them, I don't know where were you throughout your living days.)

They make really good short shorts. Alot of raw emotions in it.
And at the same time, they are a bunch of funny people living normal lives off screen.

Anyways, I just want to take out a paragraph from Phil's blog entry about his dad. Because it speaks for most of us with asian parents.

"My dad is not a social guy. He’s quiet, keeps to himself, and apparently has been this way for much of his life. He’s tried to have friends, but always felt out of place, or uncomfortable, and as a reaction, he would avoid people more. And then along comes me, a son, an extension of him. And with me he encourages all the social aspects he lacks, or always felt too afraid to expose. Have an imagination, have a quick wit and sharp tongue, play tennis and basketball like the people on tv, …include me in your life. My dad was trying to create the friend he always wanted. The cool kid, the fun guy, a friend he knew he couldn’t lose, so long as the friend didn’t reject him."

Now look back into your childhood. Does this all seemed familiar to you? It sure does for me.

We were all complaining about "why did you make me do things that you don't?!" or.. "mom! you don't even like piano! Why did you make me learn it?!" ..  And the list goes on.

We were always complaining that the parents are always trying to mould us into something that they want. Or that they are always making us try things that they missed out in their childhood. Where did what WE need and want go to?

Now we all know why.

That is a very insightful blog entry. But then again, his entries are always insightful. It's me who is the daft one. T_T

Peace out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

something to say?